Monday, March 12, 2007

Top 9 of 2006 - Con't...

#8: Flags of Our Fathers

Who would've thought good 'ol Clint Eastwood could pull off a bitchin' war movie? I have not however seen it's sister companion, 'Letters from Iwo Jima.' But I probably will at some point. This film is based on the famous photograph that was taken of the 6 men who raised the American flag at the battle of Iwo Jima. Our story basically begins after the war, where the 6 men are dealing with the apparent rise to fame from being shot in an iconic picture on a mountain top in Iwo Jima. However, the film does refer back many times to events that took place during the war. I'm not usually a big fan of war movies...but I do like a few. Mel Gibson's 'We Were Soldiers' ranks up pretty high on my list. As well as 'Black Hawk Down', 'Platoon' and 'Courage Under Fire.'

0 comments: