Wednesday, April 11, 2007

It's Done!

So, I woke up this morning, and I realized that someone had teleported me to the arctic whilst I was asleep. What the hell is with this weather? I must've slept through Spring, Summer and Fall already. Time to break out the Christmas decor already. Example Sheesh.

In other news today...
In the past week, I have made an accomplishment that I'd mentioned on here from time to time. I finished my first ever short story. That's right. It's done. Originally, it was supposed to be a sci-fi thriller involving Mars and its relationship to Earth. I've shelved the idea for now because it just became too big to try and squeeze into a short story. It would've been like trying to write the Star Wars saga into a 60 page book. Example Uh...yeah, not happening. My newer story is basically a unraveling murder mystery, with a shocking twist at the end. I'm going to be updating my 'New Projects' section with more details surrounding the story, and possibly a clipping from it. I haven't decided if I'm going to do any illustrations for it, but I may do the cover. I have envisioned a few pages of interior art for it, but I'm just not sure if I want to do them. Maybe I could commission my buddy Matt Martin to do some of the artwork. (Hint, hint.) The title of the story (which was just finalized yesterday) is called, "Back to Life."

I may seek out a publisher soon, I don't know. I think it will depend on my family's and friend's reaction to it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's a wonderful story. I'm very proud of you.

Jonathon said...

Thank you. And the New Projects section has now been updated.

Indiana Heckler said...

I read it today! It's intriguing right from the get-go.