Monday, July 30, 2007

A Little History...

I figured it was time for an update. (I have to be able to keep all 3 of visitors happy, right?) Well, for those that don't know me all that well, my school years were a little scattered. I attended a private Catholic School for my gradeschool years called St. Bavo's. As if coming from a strict Catholic family wasn't fun enough, I also had to attend Mass 3 times a week with my classmates. Example I did this for the first 5 grades of school before my family moved to Elkhart, where I continued my education in the public school system. I graduated in Elkhart in 1994.

Now, fast-forward 13 years to today...

I currently work in a graphic arts related field in a building that also houses the trade shops that support the University. Piloting the Carpenter Shop is a friend of mine named Steve, whom I've only known for maybe 2 years. As it turns out, we were talking this morning about family, when he tells me that this mother works at St. Bavo's church. I then told him that I went to school there, and he said that he did too! He graduated high school in 95, a year behind me, but attended St. Bavo's the same time I did, again, only one year behind me. I don't have any memory of him when I was there, but this was 20+ years ago now. I probably walked by him a million times in the hallway and didn't even know it. It's cliche to say, but damn...small world. Example

4 comments:

Indiana Heckler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indiana Heckler said...

It's fun to run into an old friend. Maybe it happens just when we need a surprise!

Indiana Heckler said...

oh, and now you are wondering who in the heck is bowman & beyond.....
It's my second blog..not sure how to make it put Indiana Heckler here instead. Gotta work on that.

And, today is my brother's 60th birthday. Happy Birthday! We gotta get you on the net!

Jonathon said...

Ah...okay...makes sense now. I'm back!! I'll try and get a new blog post up today.