Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tutorial Video for Illustrator CS3

Do you ever get freaked out when you hear a recording of your own voice? I used to. That is, until I manned up and just dealt with it. After an unexpected huge amount of feedback on the inking video I made earlier this year, I decided to make a tutorial video showing exactly how it's done. This, of course, required the use of my voice as narration to provide tips and instruction. Once I got past the initial reaction of 'oh my gosh, that's how I sound?' factor, it seemed to work out okay.

I had some issues with my screen-recording software in that, it was difficult to get it to capture the right amount of frames per second, and the adjustment of the playback in frames per second. As a result, sometimes you'll see the narration not exactly line up with the what's going on the video. But, you get the overall idea.


2 comments:

Indiana Heckler said...

Freaked out from hearing my own voice? Not exactly..maybe disturbed and surprised. People have said to me "I'd know your voice anywhere" or "you sound just like so and so"....That's the part that disturbs me. And by the way, your video sounds just like you...tee hee. But you also sound like my brothers!!
Be proud, speak loud! ha!

Jonathon said...

I've been told a few times that I have what could be described as a 'good radio voice.' I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I've heard it multiple times.