Tuesday, May 17, 2011

An Ant-Learn to Read - The Art Process Part 3 (HD Video)

Below is a brand new short video I made very recently.  It's time-lapsed to nearly 3X normal speed, but you can get a better idea of how using Illustrator can be effective.
  

Like anything else software-related these days, Illustrator has its uses.  And it's very good at it's own uses.  Illustrator is not Photoshop.  They're similar in a lot of ways, but different in just as many.  Photoshop is a raster-based application that's confined to the realms of resolution, as it should be.  Illustrator is vector-based, meaning resolution doesn't become an issue until the project goes to print.  That's the short, long, er, short of it.  Some of you may be thinking, I have no idea what he just said there.  I understand.  It took me years to get it too.  Try thinking of it in terms of HD Television.  In Photoshop, you can make your image [this big] in HD.  In Illustrator, you could take an image [that's this big] and make it billboard size, in HD, without losing resolution.  Make sense now?  Good.  Now we'll start doing astrophysics.  Let me grab my telescope.  

As mentioned before, it has its uses.  For my digital inking, Illustrator wins, over Photoshop WHEN I'm not having to create the drawing from scratch.  If I'm starting from the ground up with an idea that I need to sketch, Photoshop wins.  Photoshop is way faster, simpler, less clicks, less layers, less everything.  Now, you're wondering, ok, so which one does he prefer?  I'll give you my answer.  Both.  And I see it staying that way for the future too.  People have their own styles.  They have their own ways of creating things and using what works for them.  It's not predictable.  It's not foreseeable.  It's just the way it is.  

Next, we'll finally get to iPad art, and what I've discovered with it.  Stay tuned for more.         

1 comments:

Indiana Heckler said...

mesmerizing and your choice for background music is fun!