Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Children's Book Revealed

After getting permission from my publisher today, I'm able to share with my readers what portions of the children's book drawings look like.  I'm sure the 3.8 readers I have will be excited to see them.  


There's a lot of talent involved with these books and I'm grateful to be a part of it.  Someone does the sketches, which are in blue pencil.  Following that, the drawings come to me to ink digitally in Adobe Illustrator using my Wacom Tablet.  Afterwards, they receive color which is again, done by someone else.  It's very similar to the process of how comics are published.  






3 comments:

prima donna said...

can you get a book with just plain pages? It will make a fantastic coloring book! I have a box of 64 crayons just dying to get started :)

Indiana Heckler said...

love the ant. Too cute! This is such a great opportunity..have fun with it.

Unknown said...

Hi Jonathon.

Nice to see new posts on your blog. I knew you through your amazing illustration tutorials some months ago.

I love this new illustrations... they are great.


Best wishes for this new year.