Tuesday, January 11, 2011

In with 2011

Spammers and trolls have sunk to a new low.  You ever get one of those emails that starts off, 'My name is Xanita Iamspammingyouwitz.  My father has become deathly ill and we are in desperate need of means to transfer our life-savings...blah blah.'  Yeah, ok.  Let me get right on that for you.  Let me introduce you to the delete button.  Him and I are friends.  You and I are not.  This wasn't an actual email, but in a private message sent to me from the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's message forums.  I'm like, really?  As if scamming of that nature isn't bad enough, we're going to scam off cancer too?  Nice.  


I changed my banner up top, in case you hadn't noticed.  Ah, the power of HDR.  


I need to update the photography sections and some other things too.  I've been pretty occupied with working on the illustrations for the children's books and our new photography blog.  Which can be found here.  In the meantime, I'll see if I can post parts of the inking I've done on the books so my readers can have I idea of what they look like.  


~Jonathon

3 comments:

prima donna said...

At least the brave ones come directly to your door! We had one of this ilk over break. Came right up to the door and introduced himself as one of our neighbors. Never saw him before. Anyway, he started to tell us the story of how his wife took their only car up to visit her ill mother and was now stuck with car troubles. All he needed was 20 or so dollars to get him through until she could return with their one and only bank card. Do we look that stupid? Does that ever work on anyone? I wonder if he is one of those guys you see standing in the intersection of Cleveland and Portage during the summer with their ties and buckets asking for you to give to some un-named charity. Come on people!

Kiely said...

Hehe all your blogs make me giggle...when are you going to put it all in book form? Then you can make money on your funniness!

Jonathon said...

I forgot you like memoirs. I remember that now.

Not a bad idea though!

I just try keep things interesting. Reading can be very boring when it's not interesting, or funny. So, the more contrast or comedy I can squeeze into words, the better.

I like it when people laugh. To me, it's as rewarding as someone saying 'thank you.' So, if it made you laugh, I'm happy and I thank you. :)